Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Recent Stuff




Finally, i'm updating the blog! Mom & Alyssa came over last weekend. We went to the zoo and then Dylan opened his birthday present from Mom early. He got a slip'n slide! So we set it all up and tried to convince him to slide down. Mom even slid on it to show him how it was done. But he never really got into it. He liked it for us to pull him down the slip n slide. I'm sure after he sees another kid do it, he'll love it! He also got a Scooby Doo ice pack and bandaids, which came in handy later in the week. He saw a bug swimming in his pool and picked it up, but it was a hornet. So it stung & bit him all over his thumb. An important life lesson - as Eddy put it.

Another cute thing he said today, after dinner he came wandering in with his hands folded and he says, "I'm praying." I asked him what he was praying for and he answered, "I'm praying for my Jesus.".

We are having a pee-pee problem. He is doing pretty well at going to the potty, but he thinks it's great fun to go outside. (thanks honey) - so while playing at the playground on Tuesday, he repeatedly pulled his pants down and I had to run over and tell him to pull them up. We will keep working on it.

Yesterday, we went to the swimming pool and let Dylan swim for the first time. At first he seemed pretty scared, but we had a little life jacket on and by the time we left, he was floating on his back and kicking his feet. He thought it was pretty fun!

Here are some pictures of a new toy he got - pistols in a holster. Also, today we pulled him around in the wagon with our lawnmower. First Eddy pulled me and Dylan and then I drove the tractor and pulled Ed & Dylan. It was fun!

Dylan also has been obsessed with catching bugs. He loves Roly Poly's but calls them his "macaronis".

Eddy took Dylan fishing and he caught a fish and got to reel it in and everything. We BBQ'd it that night so he got to taste it too. He thought it was fun. I went to Logan to visit my friend, Jessica. She had a scrapbooking party for me and so I got to visit with her and see her kids. It was alot of fun! Dylan stayed home with dad and they had fun.

No comments:

slide show