Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Naughty Corner

So we have started implementing the naughty corner at our house. Many of you have seen it on Super Nanny. So I put Dylan in the corner for hitting me yesterday -and at first he cried and threw a fit, but actually it didn't take long for him to actually stay there. A few hours later, he did something else and I asked him if he wanted to go to the naughty corner -thinking this would stop the behavior. He actually acted like he was excited to get to go to the naughty corner. Then last night, Alyssa and I actually caught him standing in the naughty corner on his own. Great - so today we tried it again, and he just laughs and tries to sneak out every time I turn my back. Your supposed to just keep putting them back in, but I really think he is having way too much fun with it. But one good thing was after he did the corner today, I asked him if he remembered why he was in the naughty corner - and he said he had pulled the cat's tail. So he knows he is doing something wrong. Guess we'll just keep trying it for awhile.

No comments:

slide show