Saturday, April 9, 2011

MOPS fun!









As most of you know, I'm involved in MOPS (mother's of pre-schoolers). THis year, we chose the Shepherd's Inn as our charity. They are an organization that helps young women with unplanned pregnancies. They held a huge fundraiser today and our MOPS put together a team to compete! It was me, Carmen, Heather and Frances! Heather and Carmen made our cute t-shirts with the MOPS logo on it. The competition included fun events such as diaper changing relay, packing a diaper bag the fastest, drinking apple juice from a baby bottle the fastest and my personal favorite was when I had to be the mom with a baby doll on my hip, cell phone to my ear, hanging 5 pieces of clothing on a clothesline while memorizing 4 different words. While I'm doing this a team member from a nother team is sitting at my feet, yelling "Mom" repeatedly! We came in 3rd on that one - it was fun! The one that nearly killed me (being as out of shape as I am) was when we had to put a quarter between our knees and hop (or waddle) across the gym, then drop the penny in the mason jar. We each had to do 3 times, but by the 2nd time thru I was about to die! We did pretty good though - 10 out of 12 quarters in the jar! All in all , our team came in 2nd in a group of 11 teams. We won some really nice prizes and goodie bags and had alot of fun and alot of laughs. Some of the husbands, and their friends formed a group , "the Go-Daddies" pictured here. But of course we kicked their butts! lol

No comments:

slide show